Last modified: September 1, 2017
Stauff Corporation ("Company" or "We" or “Stauff”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.stauffusa.com or our mobile application (collectively, the "Site(s)"), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect on this Site, or in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through other means, including any other website operated by Stauff, or any third parties that may link to or be accessible or recommended from or on the Site. The Sites are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and by using the Sites/giving your information, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection of Information
Information you Provide to Us
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including:
- Personal Information. When you register for an account with Stauff or make a purchase on the Site, we may collect your name, home, work, shipping and/or billing address; email address; or home, work, or mobile telephone number.
- Payment card or bank account information. Payment card or bank account information may be collected if you choose to place an order on our Site. We do not receive this information itself. Instead, it is transmitted directly to a third-party payment card processor.
- Purchase history. By signing up for an account on the Sites and placing orders, we will collect any and all information related to your purchase history such as the item purchased and purchase date.
- Usage details. We may collect information about your internet connection, IP address, equipment you use to access our Site and other types of usage details.
- Other information you provide. We may also collect certain other information about you when you contact us (including through email), which may be used alone or combined with other information collected by us to personally identify you.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us by registering for an account, filling in forms on our Sites, purchase a product on the Site, participate in a survey, or automatically as you navigate through the Site.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type; and/or
- Information about your usage of the Site, including the pages you visit while on the Sites.
Currently, our Sites do not recognize “do not track” signals or similar mechanisms that may be sent by your browser or other device to indicate that you do not wish to be tracked across third-party websites or other online services or to receive interest-based advertisements.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information also helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and/or
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you;
- To respond to your questions or requests;
- To fulfill your orders;
- To advertise or market our products and any special offerings or news;
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including, but not limited to, third party providers to process and fulfill your orders;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about users of our Sites is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and/or
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Messages from Stauff. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com or by following the unsubscribe link that is available at the bottom of the email. Please note that you may not unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, purchase confirmations, changes or updates to features of the Sites, or technical and security notices.
- Third Party Advertising. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, or correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.